- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- The Freedom Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
A truly important VP debate?
Submitted by Jesse Towsen on 10 October 2012
From Politico: A veep debate that could really matter
"The circumstances around the face-off this week at Centre College actually most resemble not 2008 but 2004: The incumbent president flops in his first debate, forcing his older and more seasoned vice president to take it to a younger foe.
While Dick Cheney memorably scorched John Edwards on the former North Carolina senator’s congressional attendance record, Democratic veterans expect Biden to go after the GOP ticket specifically on those issues that Obama handled weakly or entirely failed to raise last week: Romney’s '47 percent' comment, his opposition to the auto bailout and Ryan’s proposal to move Social Security toward the free market." Read more...
Order the Book
Decide on Twitter
- AskPaulWoolley Why The 2012 Presidential Debates Help Decay Our Society - #Leadership t.co/r2QNoFYbRZ
- Rahie_T RT @nprnews: Transcript: Obama-Romney 2nd Presidential Debate t.co/btXHSNGy
- Rahie_T RT @nprnews: Transcript: Biden-Ryan Vice Presidential Debate t.co/cYL88gAJ
- TatianaMBrown A Presidential Debate, Effects of SuperStorm Sandy, Six Basketball Players Arrested, A Student Fatally Shot - 2012/2013 #Hofstra #💙💛💙💛
- bikinimgfind Complete Second Presidential Town Hall Debate 2012: Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney – Oct 16, 2012 t.co/dLVsO1gRTQ
Last week the Republicans made their pitch to the American public at the Republican National Convention. If you missed any of the big speeches from...
IDEA is excited to announce a new partnership with the Huffington Post, to bring you the Change My Mind U.S. Presidential Debates! Is your mind made...
You're invited to a free debate watch party tonight in NYC! The first Wednesday of every month IDEA hosts the Big Apple Cogers, a low-key bar...