- Site Feedback
- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- The Freedom Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
The most important debates since 1960?
Submitted by Jesse Towsen on 29 August 2012
Slugfest: In the cover story of the september issue of the Atlantic, James Fallows previews the 2012 U.S. presidential debates, predicting that they will be more consequential than any debates "since 1980, if not 1960."
Mitt Romney is far less effective as a big-speech orator than Barack Obama, and in many other aspects of campaigning he displays what appear to be laboriously studied moves rather than anything that comes naturally. But debates are and have been his strength. He grew up enjoying “big, boisterous arguments about everything around the dinner table,” according to his campaign strategist and main debate-prep specialist, Stuart Stevens. “He loves the dialectic of arguing the different sides, and he’s most uncomfortable when no one is disagreeing with him.” He will enter this fall’s encounters with very recent, successful experience in a very wide range of formats and challenges.
Order the Book
Decide on Twitter
- chilimac05 @RedEyeFNC Obama May 21, 2013 "I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors." t.co/9RhJ2YgcT9
- goodasyou Remember that moment in the third presidential debate of 2012 where President Obama was all like, "Please proceed,... t.co/ha6wYnTsfh
- BroLes3 Are you a "useful idiot"? Study & decide for yourself. t.co/BjZO4qqB6S #YoungChristianLeader
- V_Hughes77 2012 Presidential Debate SPOOF- Rap Battles (ROUND 2) Barack Obama is spittin t.co/HM7jKDmCtt
- V_Hughes77 I favorited a @YouTube video t.co/jpx9nwgrrb 2012 Presidential Debate SPOOF- Rap Battles (ROUND 2)
From Bloomberg: "End U.S. Student Loans, Don’t Make Them Cheaper" "U.S. employers complain that they can’t...
Last week the Republicans made their pitch to the American public at the Republican National Convention. If you missed any of the big speeches from...
Did you miss any of the debates so far? That's okay! You can watch them any time on c-span: http://www.c-span.org/Debates/